Road Opening License & Section 50 Applications

Utilities and other bodies have statutory powers to install apparatus in a public highway except when the highway is a special road under the Highways Act 1980 (eg, a motorway), any other company or individual who wants to install and maintain apparatus will need to apply for a licence under Section 50 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA).

County Contractors are fully licensed to submit a section 50 application, physically open the road and undertake jobs such as sewer connections, private water supplies and trial holes. If your build or contractor requires these services, we are able to complete the work, as well as undertake the application for a Section 50 and all of the necessary paperwork. 

Contact Us